Desperately Seeking Adventure Terms & Conditions
1. A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the full amount must be made at the time of booking. Bookings can be made online, or by telephone, and deposits can be paid online, over the telephone or by cheque (reservations will be held for 7 days if paying by cheque, and booking will be confirmed once the cheque has cleared). Debit and credit card payments are accepted (a 2% charge will be made if paying by credit card).
1.1. The balance must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to commencement of the holiday/activity start date. If the balance is not received on or before this date, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled, and retain the deposit.
1.2. If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the holiday/activity commencement date, the full amount of the holiday/activity must be paid on booking.
2. Cancellation must be made in writing, via post or email. No deposit will be refunded if you cancel. If you cancel within the 8 week period prior to your holiday/activity, full payment will be retained. However, if we are able to fill your place, a full refund minus the deposit amount will be refunded. Where possible, in the event of cancellation, you may also be able to transfer to an alternative holiday/activity, however, there is no guarantee of this.
2.1. We cannot accept responsibility for circumstances whereby a holiday/activity has to be cancelled or where there are changes to the programme, due to circumstances beyond our control as a result of a force majeure, involving war (and threat thereof), strikes, natural disasters, terrorist activity, health risk, weather conditions and similar events.
2.2. If cancellation is forced due to insufficient demand, we will inform you of this at least 6 weeks prior to departure. Under these circumstances, an alternative holiday/activity will be offered, and if you are unable or do not want to accept the alternative, a full refund will be given.
2.3. If Desperately Seeking Adventure has to cancel any holiday/activity for any reason other than that named above, you will be refunded in full.
3. Due to insurance purposes, we are unable to accept under 18’s onto any of our holidays/activities.
3.1. Adequate and valid travel insurance is compulsory for all holidays and it is a condition of accepting your booking that you agree that you will have obtained adequate and valid insurance prior to departure on your chosen holiday. You are also strongly advised to purchase adequate insurance for any of the advertised activities.
4. If you are not satisfied with any part of the service provided by Desperately Seeking Adventure, in the first instance please speak to your guide/organiser. If the problem is still not resolved, please email email@example.com within 28 days of returning from your holiday/activity and we will do our utmost to resolve the issue.
5. All clients are expected to be fit and able to complete the itinerary of their holiday/activity.
5.1. Any medical issues that may affect your ability to complete any aspect of the itinerary must be declared before the holiday/day activity commences.
5.2. Due to insurance purposes, anyone under 18 years of age cannot be accepted onto any of our holidays/activities.